1 cup maida ( 250 gm)
a pinch of baking soda
1/3 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup fresh curd (100 gm)
2 table spoons ghee ( 50 gm )
Oil for frying badushas
Sugar syrup :
1 cup sugar
1. In a mixing bowl , add maida, baking soda,baking powder and add ghee. Mix well so that the ghee is incorporated nicely. Add curd and mix . The dough should be flaky and not soft.
( Need not add all the curd at once. Add until u get a flaky texture of the dough)
2. Cover and let it rest for 20mins.
3. Make small balls and slightly press in the center with thumb finger.
4. Fry them on medium to medium high heat till golden brown.
5. Fry all the balls. Meanwhile make sugar syrup.
6. In a sauce pan add sugar and water and bring to boil. Boil till one string consistency. Then add 2 drops of lemon juice to prevent from crystallizing.
7. Add the badushas to the syrup while the syrup is hot. Let them soak for 5mins.
8. Remove them from the syrup and store. Do not refrigerate.