I had some very ripe bananas with me , i din't want them to go waste so i thought i will make a banana cake ... here we go ...
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, corn starch and salt in a bowl. Sift and set aside. Grease and flour a cake pan and keep aside.
3. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next.
4. Add the bananas and beat in 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of banana extract.
5. Now slowly beat in the sifted flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just incorporated.
6. Pour half the batter into prepared pan and layer with chopped nuts and pour rest of the batter on top. Top the batter with more nuts if you want.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15minutes. Remove from pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
9. Dust the cake with powdered sugar and serve .
Diabetes Diet/Management: Srivalli, Champa, Harini, PJ
Kid Friendly Recipes: Kalyani, Shylaja, Veena
Seven Days of Soup:Usha, Sowmya
30 Minutes Meals: Priya Suresh
Seven days of Cakes: Anusha
2. Beat butter(and shortening), and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy.