We adapted this recipe from tandoori chicken and made some changes to it.Ingredients :
1 Pound raw shrimp,cleaned and deveined
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon red chilly powder(if you eat less spicy then you can reduce the amount as per your requirement)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons tandoori masala
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
4 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons tomato puree
Few sprigs of cilantro for garnish
Juice of half a lemon
1. Wash and clean the shrimp. Wipe them dry with a paper towel.
2. To a mixing bowl add the shrimp,salt,chilly powder,turmeric,tandoori masala,ginger garlic paste,tomato puree and mix well . Now add the 1 tablespoon of oil and mix again.
3. Let the shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hrs , preferably overnite.
4. Remove the shrimp from refrigerator 30mins prior to cooking.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lay the shrimp on a baking tray. Drizzel 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil coating each and every shrimp.
6. Let it cook for 15mins and then turn the shrimp. Now drizzel rest of the oil.
7. Cook till you get a crisp layer on the shrimp.It will take around 15 to 20mins after turning them to get a crisp layer(it may vary from oven to oven , so keep an eye).
8. Remove from oven and let it rest for 5mins.
9. Transfer the shrimp to a serving plate and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and squeeze the juice of half a lemon on top .
10. Serve hot.