Monday, May 14, 2012

Chow-Chow

Sounds like Chinese, isn't it! But I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who lives in Delhi. Of course made some changes to make it more healthy. This is the quick snack or sometimes breakfast I prepare very often. Nothing to shop for this recipe. Its all with ingredients from our refrigerator.  


Ingredients:
4 - Bread slices
2 eggs
2 green chilies
1 cup- veggies (carrot, capsicum, onions)
1tsp- oil
salt


Directions:
1. Take off brown edge of the bread slices and cut them into 1/2" cubes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add veggies one by one- carrots, capsicum and onions. (You can sprinkle little salt on veggies to cook them fast). Then add green chilies. 
3. Once all the veggies are cooked soft, now add salt. 
4. Lower the heat, add egg, mix well with veggies and immediately add bread cubes. 
5. Now increase heat to medium and keep mixing bread cubes with egg. Within 2 minutes you see a dry mixture of bread chunks with egg coating. 
6. If you like, you can garnish with cilantro. 
7. For an extra richness, you can add cashews too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love cooking and it's even more fun being able to share it with all you fabulous people. Please leave me a comment and I'll be sure to stop by your blog as well! :)
I love hearing from everyone!!